There is no longer any doubt that breastfeeding is full of natural benefits ! And yes, it's organic: nature has thought of everything. But do you really know all the benefits of breastfeeding? Discover them in this article!
The benefits of breastfeeding for the baby
And yes, breast milk is not called “white gold” for nothing! Discover some of the benefits it brings to your little (or big) baby:
- In the first days of life, milk is actually a golden liquid called colostrum , rich in protein and very hydrating. It's a concentrate of protection for your baby, also called "first vaccine"! Amazing, right? 😍
- Breast milk then adapts to your baby's growth , throughout the day but also throughout his life.
- It covers 100% of your baby's feeding needs until 6 months old
- When your baby feeds, your body analyzes his saliva and gives him the necessary antibodies if he is sick; it is an excellent immune defense booster.
- The taste of your food passes into your milk; nothing better to awaken your baby's palate.
- Your milk is the best medicine in case of gastro , it will become a source of hydration perfectly suited to your suffering baby.
- Breastfeeding significantly reduces the risk of asthma, eczema, diabetes, sudden infant death syndrome and childhood obesity .
- Breastfeeding develops the jaw and the musculature of the mouth and language , because it requires a lot of effort for your little baby to know how to suck... What a champion!
The benefits of breastfeeding for mothers
But breastfeeding is not only good for the baby, it is also good for the mother. For example, did you know that:
- post-delivery trenches, triggered by feedings, allow the uterus to return to its initial size more quickly ?
- Breastfeeding also promotes weight loss , everything you need to get back to your previous figure, so 😉
- Breastfeeding delays the return of diapers and can even be a method of contraception , as part of exclusive breastfeeding (MAMA method).
- Breastfeeding for more than 4 weeks reduces the risk of postpartum depression by more than 40% , which affects 1 in 10 mothers.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of many diseases : certain female cancers (notably of the breast, uterus, and ovaries), cardiovascular diseases (including stroke), Alzheimer's disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension , endometriosis...
- Breastfeeding also saves a lot of time in everyday life: no preparation to do, breast milk is always ready, in stock and at the right temperature 😉 all without costing anything!
The benefits of breastfeeding for the planet
Breastfeeding is also a truly ecological (and economical) act, because:
- It is a 100% natural resource !
- Breastfeeding is zero waste , everything is made locally 😉 while a kilo of powdered milk requires 4,700 liters of water, and energy-intensive production involving a lot of logistics and CO2 emissions.
And above all... breastfeeding has existed as long as humanity ❤️
You will have understood, breastfeeding is what is best for your baby, nature and yourself . But never forget: whether you have breastfed for a day, a month, a year (or even not at all!): YOU are the best mother for your baby ❤️